Dented courtesy car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
We've had use of a courtesy car (Punto) for the last 4 weeks after my 21-weeks-pregnant girlfriend trashed the front wing & door of our Brava in a carpark.

Sometime over the weekend someone has dented the front wing of the courtesy car. The paint isn't scratched, but the wing has buckled slightly so the bottom edge of it is sitting out from the wheel arch.

I'm concerned that when I take the courtesy car back I'm at the mercy of the garage - they'll want me to make another claim, which I don't want to do, and then they'll charge me an arm & a leg to fix the dent in their bloody Punto...

I'm going to take the Punto to a different garage today to find out how much it SHOULD cost to fix the dent, and decide what to do based on that, but if anyone else has got any advice, maybe has been in a similar situation, it would be most welcome

Cheers
Dan

Sponsored Links
The only times I've had a courtesy car, it has been the same process as having a hire car, if this is the case with you, you should have CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) In which case you're not liable. Check any documentation you got first.

Thanks for your reply Eddie

The courtesy car has been put on our insurance - we don't have a CDW

I'm fully expecting to have to shell out, but don't want to get ripped off by this garage...

Depending how bad you are talking this may help.

http://www.carmedic.ltd.uk/

There are also other firms who the same sort of work such as dentmasters.

You will be suprised how good a job they can do if the paint is unbroken.

Remember the garage won't know so don't draw attention to any repair, if possible take the punto back in the rain.

Sponsored Links
Thanks D & J

I've booked the Punto in to be repaired tomorrow morning - £70 plus VAT
It seems like I'm being touched for £100 everywhere I turn nowadays...

Better get used to it: I've got my first baby arriving in january..!

Cheers for your reply
Dan

Back