Desperate Help to Answer Radiator Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am having a shop refurbished and have a radiator issue - bascially the most important thing with a shop is to maximise the wall space for displays etc ts traditional wall mounted rads are often avoided. An idea I would really like to have is to install rads either side of the chimney breast and then completely cover them behind false or partition plaster board (so effectively the wall looks flat) and the heat would come out of vents at the top of the partition wall. The traditional rad covers wouldnt work. Can anyone thing of if this can be done and if so the practicalities. :?:

Many thanks

Martyn

Sponsored Links
A school i used to go to had something similar to what you describe, but it was fan assisted. I dont think your idea would work without a fan, I cant see standard convection currents being too friendly with a partition wall and small vents.

Have you considered heat pump air con with ceiling mounted cassette units? They are very efficient, but obviously require a large ceiling void.

Nice idea, however, you should seriously consider how you would gain access for maintenance, have you thought about using perforated boarding???

Sponsored Links
I would not consider ccvering the radiators. I would get a fan assisted, radiator, which could be quite small.

trough heating is very practical and discreet.
it sits in a self contained trough in the floor and has a nice aesthetically pleasing grille covering the whole thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back