detection of a phone being USED rather than just location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an aged relative who is in their own. they and we have Android phones. I can track their phone no problem, so if they go off our I can see where they are. however it would be useful to know if they are using their phone, which he tends to look at when he gets up in the morning... that way we'd know if he was up and about our still bed-bound.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I've not heard of anything which could do that, but perhaps a better way is power consumption monitoring, if a smart meter is fitted? Most people tend to switch on the kettle, when they first get up, that would be recorded as a consumption spike, by the meter.

What about a webcam sited to ensure privacy but confirm well being Lounge or kitchen?

Sponsored Links
There is a monitoring app for Android phones, allows you to follow location and even eavesdrop on the phone, ( listen in to phones microphone).

Your local hospital should have contacts who can guide you on various techs.

There are door contact sensors that notify a mobile if they are used at night for example, or sensors that detect toilet flushes.
bed and chair monitors will tell you if someone leaves the bed, then sits in their favourite chair.

the link is obviously a company selling kit but occupational health should be able to help.
My Mum had memory issues and I received advice. My mate’s Mum did have door sensors that told her to go back to bed if she approached the door at night and texted him if it was opened.

You can buy a camera that connects to Wi-Fi and can be looked at on a phone - people often have them to see if their pets ok.

You can buy a camera that connects to Wi-Fi and can be looked at on a phone - people often have them to see if their pets ok.
You can do that with an app on the phone , no need for separate camera .

Sponsored Links
Back