Determining UPVC door panel size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing the bottom panel on my rear upvc door and obviously need to find out what size it is before ordering the new one. Is there a way of determining the size without taking the thing out?

Cheers

Dave

Sponsored Links
Hold a straight edge on the inside on the sash and measure back to the panel do the same on the out side then measure the total thickness of the sash deduct first two measurements from total thickness and this will give you your panel size..

Sponsored Links
Ok, I decided if I want to do a proper job then it is best removing the panel to measure it properly.

I have removed the beading but the existing panel sits behind the door frame so will not just pop out. It looks like to get the panel out it is necessary to dismantle the frame :eek:

Looking at the door edge-on (the side with the lock) there are 4 holes covered with plastic caps, one top and bottom and two in the middle. Behind these holes, set some way in, are screws. If these screws are removed will it be a matter of just removing that side of the frame so the panel can then slide out?

Cheers

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back