DHW light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently replaced the DHW Flow Switch on my Ideal Response 120 and despite the odd problem it has been providing hot water fine again. Over the last couple of weeks however its started to play by not always firing up the fan and not heating the water. Tonight, no matter which hot tap I switch on, the HW LED lights up for a few seconds, then either starts flashing slowly, or the FAN LED lights for a short time before switching off again. The 2 lights at the top of the circuitboard may flicker for a few seconds but the upshot is there is no longer any hot water being delivered. The pressure is fine and nothing's changed on the boiler over the period of it getting worse, so I'm at loss. Is there anything that's failing to stop the lighting of the fan now?

Sponsored Links
I have no idea mate

to find out I would need to lock horns with the heap.

You may have found yet ANOTHER fault with these

well done

Flashing dhw led indicates that the thermister is faulty. (Situated on dhw pipe at the bottom rear of the heat exchanger).

Might be worth removing it and giving it a good clean. If you need hot water over chtg then just swap the 2 thermisters until you can get it replaced.

You have checked the wires and connections are good on the thermister and pcb?

Thanks for your help so far, but can you give me a better idea of where the thermister is? I'm not sure what the heat exchanger is so I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at!

Sponsored Links
if you dont know what we are talking about I would advise that you call some one registered in

good luck

titusyouclown said:
Thanks for your help so far, but can you give me a better idea of where the thermister is? I'm not sure what the heat exchanger is so I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at!
Step 1 is to get the manual. If you can understand it then continue, otherwise engage someone who can.

Softus said:
titusyouclown said:
Step 1 is to get the manual. If you can understand it then continue, otherwise engage someone who can.

not a great idea to recommend this with this particular boiler soft

their are desighned by beelezebub himself :)

Fair play; I was rather hoping he'd give up at the first hurdle. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back