Diameter of feed to unvented cylinder or thermal store

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My heating system is a sealed system, with two valves for heating and hot water respectively, both these pipes are 22mm when they go into the house under the floor (boilers in the garage)

The pipes that come up through the floor in the airing cupboard to the cylinder are 15mm. Not sure at what point the reducer is.

I'm getting some quotes on unvented cylinders but if the total cost is too expensive I might self install a thermal store.

I've been reading up the install docs/specs on thermal stores and they all say that the indirect loop is 22mm feed and return.

My question is, will this 22mm reduced to 15mm loop be sufficient or do I need to locate where the reducer is and replace it with a full 22mm feed to my new cylinder?

Sponsored Links
:( Hopefully there will be access panels in the floor from when they installed it!

I guess the impact from using 15mm instead of 22mm will be reduced flow rate so a longer time to re-heat the cylinder?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back