Did I imagine this?

Freddie said:
If i remember , a lot of men had mussies--beards were fogyish--nobody had stubble.

Mens hair was changing from long unkept to shortish and styled

Women did not have lots of makeup but lip gloss was the thing and shoulder pads came a good 7-10 years later.

Powersuits were not the thing but flowing skirts and cheesecloth ( remember the cadbury's flake adverts )?

Platform shoes for girlies and Solatioe's or Brogues for men

But i am only 19 really ;)

The bit about the moustaches was right but sorry the rest was 70's! I left school in 1980 and platforms had been and gone by then LOL

No way would I have worn anything cheesecloth in the 1980's it was all New Romantic stuff and dyed hair. Gold make-up and goth style stuff. Very lacey, frilly clothes even for blokes....

http://www.fashion-era.com/hats-hair/hats_hair_b13_fashion_history_1980_1990.htm

http://www.fashion-era.com/new_romantics1.htm

Two quite good pages....

Sponsored Links
Brightness i was talking about 1975.

1980's were short hair on men some mussies--no stubble untill George Michael and smart clothes. dont forget the mullet.

Women were curly hair and lots of unless you were sad and followed princess Di--shoulder pads--tight skirts--sussies no tights and high stilettoes.

I can just imagine Freddie in his platforms and saturday night fever gear ;)

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
Brightness i was talking about 1975.

I was wondering if you were in the 70's :LOL:

Freddie said:
1980's were short hair on men some mussies--no stubble untill George Michael and smart clothes. dont forget the mullet.
I think George grew his stubble in the 90's - in the 80's he had highlighted hair and looked very girly :LOL:

Freddie said:
Women were curly hair and lots of unless you were sad and followed princess Di--shoulder pads--tight skirts--sussies no tights and high stilettoes.

Or you were into the Human League and had a weird haircut like Phil Oakey. Extremely short on one side and very long on the other. Mine was cut like this, crimped and dyed pillar box red :LOL: I couldn't understand why my mother wouldn't walk down the road with me :rolleyes:

Back