dielectric valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

i just purchase an electric water heater adn i think there is 2 parts missing!!

on the parts list it lists them a dielectric valves. im asuming they are used to connect the expansion vessel and the pressure relief valve to the copper pipe. am i correct as i cant see any other way of connecting them to the copper.

does anyone know where i can find a picture of them and also where would i be able to buy them from on a sunday

many thanx

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
They are to do with insulating the water vessel ( which may be a coated steel one) from the pipework __ and providing a shut off valve . So an ordinary valve would only do half a job ;) . I`d ask in the electrics forum ..it`ll need wiring in too, anyways. Ariston would know why there should be a dielectric in the pipework and what happens if there isn`t :idea:

the dielectric junctions go on the inlet and outlet of the heater to prevent an electrolytic reaction according to the MI's.
From memory they are just straight plastic connections not valves. Like female threaded couplings.Are you sure you didn't get them?

anode cathode, oops sorry i didnt realise this was a fantasy thread :oops:

So is the water non conductive
No .It forms the electrolyte in which the dissimilar metals can create a cell. Not dissimilar to the electrical impulses in the brain cell while creating fantasies :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back