Difference in tap connectors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Just something which has baffled me for a while and I thought Id ask the stupid question

Why are there what seems to be so many different types of (flex) tap connectors? I mean I wanted to get the tail type which screws up into the tap with an isolation valve on it and I couldn't seem to find one.

Why do some have the larger screw type ends then some have the compression type and (and I know why this is) but some are push fit.

I mean if a tap connector is for a bath or kitchen tap then why not just detail its job? As I am assuming connector tails are the ones for sinks?

And another point which I feel valid if sold in pairs why not colour code them for hot and cold (or are these just the cheaper ones)

Thanks guys!!

Sponsored Links
Buy several different types from screwfix and work out which end fits where. Get copper pipe as close to the tap as possible to minimise length of flexi

You might also ask why there are so many different shapes/sizes/configurations of air and oil filters for cars.
Manufacturers use what they will. Aftermarket provide replacements to fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back