Different Wall Thicknesses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure about this question but here goes. I am putting an extension on my 1903 mid terraced house and have a question regarding joining the two walls together.

Being that it is a new build it has to be a cavity wall overall thickness 11" where as the existing building is 9". The outside brick wall is to be meshed together with the existing wall but the block inner wall is too thick to join onto anything in the inside due to the thickness difference.

If anyone understands what I am rattling on about :D does anyone know what to do about it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You will need to step out the internal block wall where it meets the existing solid wall (9"), makes life a bit more fiddly for the brickie, but you have no other choice.

Regards

Put your two wall staters on the 9" wall and the internal one will just catch the new internal leaf.

Also add cavity ties every 225m about 150 in from the wall ends

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back