Dimmer switch

all the above goes to show that we were (as i said) NOT given all the information.

randjohn, next time you have a problem please give all the information available, not just bits of it, only now its done do you mention a wire link, only now do you mention a two gang switch ( but i did have my suspicions earlier)

we are not mind readers, if you had given ALL the information in the first place you could have had your lights working earlier.

for future reference, note my signature

Sponsored Links
randjohn said:
yes - there was a red wire linking the two gangs on the original dimmer
Just think how much time would have been saved if you'd said that right at the start.

... what I didn't know and then I would not have had to respond to your encouraging email!

I hope that makes it clear!!!!

randjohn said:
... what I didn't know and then I would not have had to respond to your encouraging email!

do not blame us for YOUR problems

Sponsored Links
randjohn said:

So you didn't know how it all worked, but you just decided to only tell us about some of the wires...

..I didnt realise I had arrived at an 'old boys club'..

Its interesting that, applying your logic, a patient at hospital who is ill with a strange disease would be at fault when he does not reveal a piece of informatio that could have helped him...
"But I didnt know doctor!"
"Ah yes young man..but I believe that all knowledge is innate. You should have known what information to have provided to me..ergo - it is your fault that I did not diagnose your problem"

I wonder what you guys would think about the issues a vet has in understanding the problems of his patients!

I was not blaming anyone..only explaining that I didnt know details of the answers that you were expecting... no wonder this industry has such a bad reputation for customer service...time to end this discussion and get on with my life...once again thanks for your encouragement...

randjohn said:
I wonder what you guys would think about the issues a vet has in understanding the problems of his patients!

errrrrmmmmmmmm, no !

i see you have your wires crossed again, vets have nothing to do wit electrical wiring.

YOU were being our eyes and ears but its not our fault you did not give us the relevant information, so please do not blame us.

You also mention "old boys club" untrue, its just that we both disagree with you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back