Dimmer Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like some spot lights connected to a dimmer switch installed in my hallway. The hallway switch is a 2-gang 2 way switch to allow control of the upstairs landing lights and downstairs hallway lights from either floor.

The spots are Aurora EFD Pro GU10 with 5W 4000K dimmable bulbs.

I originally asked the spark to quote for MK switches simply because I know someone who had all sorts of problems after they had a dimmer switch installed and it turned out to be due to the screw fix switch that was installed.

My spark tells me that a 2-gang MK dimmer switch is £80 each! Is there another reliable brand I can look at that is not so hard on the pocket?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I have found GU10 lamps are hit and miss, some work OK with my smart switches, some do not, in the main I use smart bulbs instead.

We got a three lamp GU10 unit from Lidi, it came with smart bulbs and a remote control, it did need a zigbee hub, but it was so easy to use those bulbs, no wiring just plugged them into my existing lamp. And actually used the remote on another set of bulbs.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back