Dimplex FCX24a installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought a second hand storage heater without instructions not considering i wouldnt be able to find them online.

Having had previous storage heaters i was quite confident i would be able to set up however this one seems a little more advanced that ones iv had before.

There is a part which doesnt appear to be in the correct place and im not sure where it is to go. Its a metal rod attached to the input control, part number 4 on the page below
http://www.torreelectrics.co.uk/acatalog/Dimplex_FCX18_FCX24_Storage_heaters_spares_&_Parts.html

It looks like it is meant to fit into the metal clip at the front of the far right element connector however im not sure if its meant to be at the top or the bottom.

Is anyone here able to identify this part and explain whats its for.

Also does anyone have a pdf copy or a link for the instructions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
that would be a thermostat.. the "metal rod" is a bulb filled with gas or liquid that expands and pushes up the thin metal tube to move the lever on the control at the top..

Thanks for that. If it's a thermostat then am I right in saying it should be loose in the casing?

Also you might be able to help with the wiring. I have wired in the offpeak and the normal circuits however only the off peak seems to work. With the convector switch on there in no power to any of the convector components. Along side the offpeak and normal connectors there are also connectors marked timer, A and B, are these required for the convector and fan to work or are the for something else?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back