diplomat 8702 washer dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help!! i have a diplomat washer dryer and it has died!!! the power light still comes on and i can here the door lock click but then it does nothing! it started a while ago when at first the machine wouldnt spin, i noticed when i was trying to repair it that as i tilted it backwards it started to work correctly but then that also stopped very quickly, i then stripped down the pump and cleaned it through after that it worked fine for a couple of days and then it just died! i have bought a new pcb for it because i thought it could be that, but when i installed it, still nothing!!

can anyone assist me in this matter because the wife is acting like ive killed the family pet!!!

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the motor brushes....?
If you need nuts & bolts info post the service number on the door sticker (12 digits).

hi mate, i havent tried the brushes, would that cause it to do absolutely zip? it doesnt even attempt to fill up, is that quite a simple visual thing to check?
theres no door sticker on it all there is, is a sticker saying:
diplomat model 8702
20022526197 01
made in italy!!

many thanks in advance

Does it pump out? empty half a bucket of water in the drum then run a drain cycle & see if the water disappears. Your pump may be shot. But still check the motor brushes anyway.

Sponsored Links
apparantley this machine has an induction motor and doesnt have any brushes! :eek:

Some of them do, but its impossible to check up front without the service number. Did you check out the pump? When you say you changed the pcb did you change the panel card or the motor inverter card?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back