diplomat ADP8132 dishwasher not heating and stops in cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, I have a diplomat ADP8132 dishwasher that doesnt seem to heat up, the cycle starts ok, but sometimes faults out with 3 lights remaining on. and it never seems to be very hot.

It will also sometimes juts keep washing and not stop for ages.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Wayne

Sponsored Links
Heat related problem. Won't progress until the water heats.
Stat gone open circuit (tripped), heater failure or pcb failure.

Hi, thanks for the info, thats sounds about right, can you give me any information on where the stat is and how to test it etc?

I dont have a manual for it.

Any help on testing the heater element etc, would be great
thanks

Wayne

Stat on yours is front left of the underside of the tub (if I remember rightly). Some have a reset button, some don't.

Use a multimeter to test the heater and stat for continuity.

Sponsored Links
hi, thanks

is it accessable without taking the whole dishwasher unit out do you know?

I have taken the plinth off and cant see any wires or components on the underside.

Should the continuity tests show closed circuit on both components?

Thanks again

wayne

Normally left hand panel off but it can be done from the front. You'll have to feel for the stat and see if there's a reset button in the middle of it. Left hand side fixed to the underside of the tub. (I think, long time since I've done one of these).
There should be a closed circuit on both.

Hi, took the lower front cover off and can see all the components.

the heater element and temp stat (i guess, it has 4 terminals, 2 with same colour which show closed circuit) Both components show closed circuit.

I did spot a wire hanging off the heater element, it ws only the green yellow wire, so i think its just an earth, and wouldnt expect it to affect the operation, would it?

Anyway, put the wire back on and am running machine of the 'regular' wash, been on and running for just on the 2 hour mark now, so it should finish any min i think. i can then see if its cleared any of the mould!

Anything else I should check if it doesnt?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

oh, and there is a reset button n the stat. little red button, pressed it with the power disconnected, didnt seem to do much and felt a little sort of oil on my finger.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

ok, opened washer door, water spraying round ok, but only luke warm, hence the mould i expect.

Im a car mechanic and diyer by trade, so my thinking is the heater element is not working properly, hence the stat doesnt switch the machine to the next setting and it keeps on running and running waiting for the water to get hot enough.

If the element is reading closed circuit, it cant be fully broken, but it is showing lots of 'corrosion' so could it just not be working efficiently enough to heat the water?

Is there anyway of testing it?

Thanks
Wayne

please note item g , forum rules

You've done all the basic stuff.
You're now looking at possibiliites.
PCB faulty, breakdown in the wiring, safety stat tripped (if fitted), element breaking down under load are just some of the potential problems.
Probably time to call in an engineer, would work out cheaper than throwing parts at it in the long run.

thanks for the help.

Any idea where I can get a manual or spec etc for one of these, may b able to check the element current whilst running.

thanks

wayne

Manuals are only available to the manufacturers agents and engineers, so no chance of that.
There is no need to ever work on an appliance whilst it is live. Megger the element and meter it for continuity. Run the machine for a while and repeat the two tests. If the element is breaking down under load then it's insulation reading will drop significantly.
However, I believe your problem isn't with the element, it's more likely to be a problem with the pcb. Possibly a dry joint on the board, around the heater circuit.

ok, will try the heater test.

can you give me an idea where the pcb is? do you know if its easy to get to?

cheers

HI, got the PCB out, can see the 2 terminals which connect to the element.

Where do you think the dry joint may be?

Sorry, no idea on that at all. We don't do component repair, we just replace the entire pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back