Diplomat cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a diplomat double oven which works ok but when it is switched off after cooking it takes about an hour for the fan to stop running.I hav had an engineer out to fix it and he fitted anew thermostat, but this has not changed anything. I am told that this is a cooling procedure, but a friend who has a the same make but a single oven says his does not do this. I have never owened a cooker what did this before?? Can it be fixed so as the fan stops when turned off, but not at the wall point. :confused:

Sponsored Links
It is a cooling phase, it is supposed to happen.....As well as protecting components from thermal damage it also prevents your house from burning down.

The time the fan runs for usually depends on how hot the cavity where the controls are gets.
It can be affected by various things like how hot you cook at and how long for, whether the inlet for the cooling fan is clear and clean likewise the outlet for the warm air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back