Diplomatic Washing machine wont fill

Sponsored Links
If the heater is open circuit then it's knackered. It should be a closed circuit. You should get continuity through the heater and the valves.
There are two versions of your machine. Slight differences in the wiring. Neutral is switched through the programmer but I think you're losing the neutral earlier in the circuit.
From what I can see the pcb in your machine is a motor controller board, can't see anything in the drawing that would make this cause the fault.
However, with Antonio Merloni (Servis) machines, anything can happen.

sorry fingers going faster than the brain, the heater is closed circuit as it should, the valves are open circuit do they close when power applied??

i think you might be right about the nuetral have you any idea where it might disapear, could the programmer be at fault!!

thanks for your knowlegable help.

no nuetral to valves put there is positive 179volts when probed on to incoming neutral ??

Sponsored Links
Pump runs, motor turns and door locks. Nothing wrong with the door lock. You're getting neutral to the pump, motor and the door lock. I'll have another look at the wiring diagram tomorrow.
Can you confirm the full model number of your machine?

i can only see the model mumber on the bottom front of the machine saying DIPLOMAT 8512, from what i can make out although no expert on appliances the valves get neutral from the door switch, i had it in my hand (the door switch) a few moments ag operated it manually and it worked (started filling), i thought hoooray put it back together and nothing, i am wondering it that was just a fluke.

What i do notice is that there is one live goingto the lock , and 2 neutrals bu only one has a neutral there so that is why i was thinking switch.

Manually work the door switch. Thin screwdriver or similar to simulate locking the door.
If that works, add your email address to your profile.

Add your email address to your profile. I'll send the test procedure document to you.

Think i have added email now, i really appretiate this help and i will check e-mail when i get in to work tommorow.

I never thought these machines were this complex i am really struggling to see where the solonoids are suppost to get neutral from.

I've emailed a test procedure for you. Try it out and let me know how you get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back