Dipping toe into painting

Does engine blow if their recommendations are not followed? Do you have experience? I know some one who does.
I've seen a few engines with oil filters having rusted through because they haven't been changed. Oilways blocked with sludge, engines with premature wear.

All could have been avoided with simple oil and filter changes.

I've never experienced any engine being better for not changing the oil

Sponsored Links
I struggle to get off the ground with this painting business. Everything leaked. The spray gun trigger valve had to be rebuilt before it was fine. Next the china inline pressure gauge was leaking. I suspect the exhaust side. Does anyone know what kind of connector is this and is it missing a gasket?
pressure-gauge.png

With the gun connected directly, the compressor was able to sustain a constant air supply at 45 PSI. Although, I have no idea what was the entry pressure to the gun. I didn't dare to open the air feed valve too much in case of pressure damage.

Sponsored Links
Why would I need it better? I am already happy with it as it is. I want it to stay same.
Engine oil has a limit on cleaning itself

Once it’s dirty it doesn’t function as it should

There are no engines oils on the market that last forever.

I struggle to get off the ground with this painting business. Everything leaked. The spray gun trigger valve had to be rebuilt before it was fine. Next the china inline pressure gauge was leaking. I suspect the exhaust side. Does anyone know what kind of connector is this and is it missing a gasket?
View attachment 338716

With the gun connected directly, the compressor was able to sustain a constant air supply at 45 PSI. Although, I have no idea what was the entry pressure to the gun. I didn't dare to open the air feed valve too much in case of pressure damage.
Hard to say, it looks like standard pipe thread

BSP fittings can seal in various ways, taper or end seal or just sealant on thread.

Chinese use all sorts of weird thread sizes, I think they make it up as they go

Chinese use all sorts of weird thread sizes, I think they make it up as they go
Don't you mean they copy as they go? They copy junk from all over the place. They get confused, and everyone else gets confused.

I am writing off the pressure gauge and air separator for £5 loss. I have clear china hose. I can see water if it's there. I think I can do direct connection to the compressor for the painting. The compressor appears to be able to give me enough sustained air.

I can now see why people don't like the compressor running. Because it came on suddenly, it gave me a few scares.

Don't you mean they copy as they go? They copy junk from all over the place. They get confused, and everyone else gets confused.

I am writing off the pressure gauge and air separator for £5 loss. I have clear china hose. I can see water if it's there. I think I can do direct connection to the compressor for the paining. The compressor appears to be able to give me enough sustained air.

I can now see why people don't like the compressor running. Because it came on suddenly, it gave me a few scares.
Can you? Really ? As you are spraying ?

Water in hose on the compressor side. By the time the water reaches the gun, the water re-merges with the air. No water is seen in the air separator or felt by hand being sprayed at. I have cancelled my write off on the air separator.

water-in-hose.png

Last edited:
Sounds good. Where can we buy this stuff?
When you find out, see if you can get the seller to sell you the snake it comes from; seems like a much more sound investment to buy the production source than the output

Presume he's got some old school thing that'll run on sludge - from the days when oil protected the mechanical parts of the engine rather than collecting the crap from the anti pollution systems. My mates sump plug sheared off so he just topped it up periodically. Now if our friend has never topped up the oil - and has actually done some mileage in the cat I will be impressed.

Sponsored Links
Back