Direct wiring to FCU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question.

I would like to hide the cable of my cd player by putting it in conduit and plaster over, then removing the plug and wiring this directly into a FCU.

Is it legal /safe to wire a cd player directly to a FCU.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
what sort of CD player is it? hifi seperate? or a walkman? :confused: car stereo? computer component?

the best way would be to use white plastic mini trunking, and paint it to match the wall.

Crafty

A standalone wall mounted CD Player, (similar to hi-fi seperate). No problems with usinging mini-trunking but more concerned with wiring directly into a FCU with the plug. Is it safe/legal?

Thanks

Its perfectly safe (providing a 3A fuse is used), the only issue is portability - most hifi equipment gets moved often enough not to justify permenantly wiring it into the mains. Even wall mounted stuff gets moved. I wouldn't consider a CD player permenant. Its your call though.

Sponsored Links
Crafty

Excellent news, thanks for the help. It will be positioned in the garage for a small gym. Over time you end up buying several Cd player (being so cheap) that I have more than one in the house at present, so this one will be staying where it is.

Once again, thanks

Less easy for it get nicked, too....sorry, not suggesting that your gym friends can't be trusted! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back