Direction of travel - Doors opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be it a good idea to have two doors this close together opening in opposite directions?

I'm just about to lay click vinyl in this upstairs galley kitchen and I'll have to trim the bottom of the nearest door unless I take it off and have it open outwards.

Is there a rule of thumb on this?

Dain

Attachments

• P_20181215_171133.jpg
    P_20181215_171133.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 132
Sponsored Links
personal preference to be honest. things to consider though are how awkward it would be to open them , whether they take space from a room etc

Not ideal, but maybe best for the house? My kitchen door opens into the hallway so we have more space in the kitchen. And in my previous house, the living room doors opened into the inner hall area. Both lots of builders thought it was odd, but doors have a habit of taking up valuable space that can be better used for other things.

I guess, what is the other door? If a risk of it being opened onto the glass pane one, then some risk there. If a cupboard or occasional room, maybe not.

The far door goes into a bedroom, photo taken from lounge, cupboard visible directly behind glass panels is over the stairwell. The length of the galley kitchen runs off to the left once you enter it, but you must pass quickly across that end of the kitchen to get to the bedroom from the lounge. You wouldn't get planning for it these days.

Sponsored Links
well, if just a cupboard i'd leave it as it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back