Disabled toilet required diemensions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey does anyone know or have a link to the required diemensions i.e cistern height, distance from wall etc, for installing a disabled toilet?

Sponsored Links
Thank you, I can't seem to find the required height of the cistern from the floor. Is there a set height for this? As there's usualy a back rest to go in the space between the top of the pan and the bottom of the cistern.

Sponsored Links
No specific cistern height on this but should give approximations - 1200mm to the top?

DownloadImage.ashx

In the good old days a Doc M pack was a Doc M pack.

Now there are various variations, one of which is the WC suite.
You can now get low-level and close-coupled, so cistern height is not a critical factor. It will be down to which option you go for.

The Armitage S6955, close-coupled, has no backrest:
DMAS-S6955-large.jpg

If your installing a disabled ec without a close coupled cistern be aware that if the cistern is installed high it can give you a very strong flush and could splash onto the floor. I recently went to a school where 13 cisterns were installed too high and every one of them ha to be lowered 300mm as the installers just bashed them in without cutting down the flush pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back