disaster!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops: whilst drilling through my outside brickwork to sort my stopcock out i accidently drilled through my water in mains...well, i wish i hadnt done that!!i had to call the water board out to turn the mains off in the front street as i couldnt acces it!...anyways everythings gone wrong since,my ferroli combi boiler isnt working correctly,the hot water works but no central heating...the washing machines packed up its doing strange things like trying to run a cycle without letting the water in although theres flow through the pipes,the toilet cystern started overflowing and leaking through a corroded overflow pipe into the wall cavity.What im wondering is,is it a coincidence everything has gone wrong or is it due to my error with the water mains?ANY HELP OR ADVICE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Sponsored Links
Sounds exactly like a problem I had when gas contractors kindly excavated my water main. :( Grit and stones from the 100 metre trench which subsequently filled with water were washed into my main and when the supply was restored, distributed to every appliance in the house. :evil:
Basically you will have to flush out your system. It sounds like the diverter valve is sticking on the combi. This may need stripping or replacing to rectify. If you remove the flexi hoses from your washing machine at the machine end you should find filters in the inlets which are probably blocked. Run some water through the hoses before reconnecting or they will block again. The toilet ballvalve probably has grit in the seat preventing it from sealing. This will need stripping down to clean. Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back