Dishwasher Constantly taking in water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new here and hoping someone can help me with this problem.

BEKO DWD 8657
Pressure spec: 0.3-10.0 bar.

First Symptoms:
Letting in water constantly.
Flood control? Nonexistent, flooded neighbours house instead of going into drain cycle.

Secondary Symptoms:
Went into constant drain cycle after a few uses, I was turning tap off between uses, was told it was OK to do so.

Newest Symptoms:
Letting in water constantly until programme starts and then lets in zero water. Hangs for hours, well forever.

No one checked inlet pipes filter to start with, it was completely blocked with plastic shearing's from manufacture. Also found metal shearing's in internal filter. I've cleaned them out.

Test:
Open tap, water comes in, constantly.
Press cancel, machine empties and no water comes in.
Start cycle, water comes in then zero water comes in.

If the water pressure was too low to close the valve then water would constantly come in and the cycle starting would have no impact, I think.

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Barry

Sponsored Links
This particular appliance is shipped with a faulty component, called a "Beko DWD 8657".

Fortunately, replacement parts are still available for this appliance.
The part number of the replacement component you need can be found on this web page.

Thanks for the reply but the webpage is a subscriber one. Can you give anymore info please? The dishwasher is brand new and Ive had 2 engineers out and both say it is simply the water pressure.

Sponsored Links
If your pressure is within the pressure spec that you've stated, then return the appliance to the supplier and ask for a refund.

Then spend £1 at this site:

https://www.which.co.uk/signup?jtid=24124076&source_code=Y08UMJ

..which will give you advice on getting another machine, and spend your money on a decent one instead of the Beko.

On the other hand, if your water pressure is greater than 10 bar, you can simply fit a pressure reducing device to your incoming supply. I would expect you to have lots of other problems if your supply pressure is that high.

If your supply pressure is below 0.3 bar, then that's very poor, in which case call your water supplier and ask them what the minimum is supposed to be, and go from there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back