Dishwasher door will not open!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an Indesit DW 9 S and after finishing a wash cycle the door will not open and I'm desperate to know if anyone else has suffered such a fault and hopefully the remedy.
Oh, and ofcourse it's got most of our dishes etc in it.

Sponsored Links
Okay, some progress to report. I've managed to wrench the door open and retrieved our dishes etc and am now in a position to lok at repairing the lock/mechnaism. i don't suppose anyone has ever had one of these apart and would care to share any info with me.
Luckily my efforts don't seem to have caused any apparent physical damage. Having looked at the lock components the catch on the frame of the machine is intact but the plastic locking piece on the door does not move when I operate the release handle. Presumably something has come adrift within the lock unit.
I could really do with a repair manual or any other guidance someone may be able to offer.

remove screws on the consol panel and you will see handle broke .

Many thanks for that Rocks1, Have got the handle removed and I suppose I must begin the search for a new one. I haven't actually seen anything within it which I'd describe as being broken though?
I can operate the lock to it's locked position and then use the handle to unlock it. Having said that the unlock handle cannot move anywhere near as far in it's range of movement once refitted in the console.
very strange.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Just seen your post. I have had the exact same problem happen today with my Indesit DW 9 S. I have taken it apart and can see that the door lock release is broken.

I have been trying to source a replacement part with no luck so far. Please could you let me know where you managed to buy your replacement part from?

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back