Dishwasher only runs for 5minutes!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need help with my CDA dishwasher (model wc130)

I set it to run, and it starts making the usual noises it used to make, sounds like water being pumped into the bottom of it.

After about 2-3minutes this noise stops, and it all goes silent for about 30seconds, after which all the water which has just been pumped in now gets pumped back out. This is followed by the 3 beeps it used to make when the wash cycle had finished. None of the items inside the machine are at all wet, and the 'arms' are still at the same 12oclock position i put them in when it starts.

Any ideas??? id be grateful!!

Peterb20

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it may be in anti-flood mode pull the appliance out and switch off at socket then place a towel one side and tilt appliance towards the towel and water should come out then try dishwasher again it should be ok if not then it may have an internal leak

ok will try that. Ive taken the casing off the bottom underneath the door and everything is dry. Whereabout would the water be coming out of?

The water would be in the base if it was in anti flood if not then the electronics are detecting a fault is it filling ,is it draining if so check wash motor. Not the greatest of makes though usually only sold as a "bargain" though B&Q

Sponsored Links
well theres nothing in the base. I know water is getting pumped in and being pumped out because ive disconnected the waste pipe into a bucket and it expells the same amount of water every time i set the 5mins running! So yes it is able to drain and it is able to fill....?

In that case i would be looking at the wash motor at fault given the make Id be looking to replace the appliance .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back