dishwasher plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Have decided to get a dishwasher, the only space for one is across from the sink.
No pipes at that side of room (only boiler).

Can I feasibly run water supply under the floor?

Can I use extension to run waste back round kitchen (at height) and into waste pipe? Not sure if can use tee pipe or double spigot.

Or would I need to put in a standpipe and somehow run that around room to waste pipe, cannot run that under floor as it would be below existing waste pipe.

Any help/advice is very much appreciated. :D

Sponsored Links
Can I feasibly run water supply under the floor?
you can.
Can I use extension to run waste back round kitchen (at height) and into waste pipe? Not sure if can use tee pipe or double spigot.

you can use a flexi waste extension or extend the main waste round and fit a trap etc.
depending how long the run is.

distance to go around with waste would be just over 3meters, but from what I understand usual pipe is 1.5m and I can buy an extension of 2.5m to add.

If ok to do this should I run into double spigot or can i put in a tee pipe?

Thanks

the wall space behind the dishwasher position must be clear of any obstructions as the dishwasher needs to be virtually against the wall, except for the bottom 4-6 inches.
look at your machine and you will see what i mean or check the distances with a tape measure

Sponsored Links
distance to go around with waste would be just over 3meters
thats ok.
but from what I understand usual pipe is 1.5m
and I can buy an extension of 2.5m to add.
yes.
If ok to do this should I run into double spigot or can i put in a tee pipe?
Thanks

you can use a double spigot
use a hose connector on the sink waste if you have a spare one.
fit a washing outlet waste connector.

what ever you choose must be connected before a trap.

the wall space behind the dishwasher position must be clear of any obstructions as the dishwasher needs to be virtually against the wall, except for the bottom 4-6 inches.
look at your machine and you will see what i mean or check the distances with a tape measure

whats this got to do with a waste run ?

nothing but if you need to ask how to set a waste run up then it would be quite easy to put the end of the run in the open space where it might stop the dishwasher fitting flush with the units either side of it

nothing but if you need to ask how to set a waste run up then it would be quite easy to put the end of the run in the open space where it might stop the dishwasher fitting flush with the units either side of it

yes i agree does pay to check the machine before fitting any waste/supply pipes to the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back