dishwasher problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher starts fine, but it doesn't seem to be spreading the water properly. The plastic water tube on the back, spurts water up occasonally instead of steadily and the tube itself is getting very hot as a result? The Jet arms don't seem to be spinning either. It's a hotpoint SDW80.

Sponsored Links
Pull the top tray out and undo the rear nut on the back is the rubber seal on it perished. Also check that the arms not blocked.

thanks rocks. I have cleaned out the arms and the holes in it for the water are all clear. The rubber seal, on the inside of the machine, behind the top tray is in perfect condition. I think the machine might be over heating but I'm not sure. It seems to be choking when trying to fill with water, and it gets quite hot. Water does come into the machine but it's not being thrown around by the arms and it's trickling in basically, by the sounds of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back