Dishwasher trips the house towards the end of the cycle

Sponsored Links
More appliances than electrics... but assuming you mean it trips an RCD main switch you have, then it sounds like it could be insulation breakdown on the drying element.

Best I can do based on the information given!

So does my washing machine, so we end it before it gets there.

I think its about having a faulty component, on my washer I think its the programmer as its £80 we switch off before final spin.

So if you can find out what part of the cycle causes it, you know where to start.
I doubt if its the pump as that will have already worked & so would the heater.
So the chances are its your programmer, have a search by model number & find the cost for replacement.
How old is the machine & model etc may help others.
I know Ive not answered your question, but I may have given some help

More appliances than electrics... but assuming you mean it trips an RCD main switch you have, then it sounds like it could be insulation breakdown on the drying element.

Best I can do based on the information given!

Isnt the drying element the same as used to heat for the wash.

Sponsored Links
Isnt the drying element the same as used to heat for the wash.

Cant say I know much about diswashers, but I assumed they were separate, the drying element runs around inside the washing chamber of the machine... and I assume it'd have to heat the water before spraying it around in the washing chamber? :confused:

my Bosch have a similar element running front and side. I notice that during wash it is not immersed in water.

My Hotpoint has an element at the bottom, I think it only dries by using the residue heat from the last hot rince.

Our dishwasher doesn't have an exposed element ;) :D

And we have had a dishwasher before, that once failed to fill with water. The heater element was in one corner, and it came on and melted the plastic on the wire racks. Going by this, I'd assume many washers use the exposed element for heating the water only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back