Dishwasher won't drain

You paid for a "connection" service, not an "installation"!
I hate to say it but it's what these profit centric organisations do... Sell "easy peasy, one-stop" services, that are shrouded in terms & conditions, and leave dissatisfied customers in their wake... But it was only £15 so...

There were no terms and conditions, I just paid for "Connection". That means connecting the water and electricity, which they have to do to a proper standard.

Sponsored Links
Define "proper standard".
Then call them, explain to them what you think that proper standard should be and listen to them quote their terms & conditions as to what you actually paid for!

I'm not having a go at you... I understand your plight and I hate the behaviour of large brands and their so-called "services" which rarely deliver!!

Define "proper standard".
Then call them, explain to them what you think that proper standard should be and listen to them quote their terms & conditions as to what you actually paid for!

I'm not having a go at you... I understand your plight and I hate the behaviour of large brands and their so-called "services" which rarely deliver!!

As set out in the installation manual. I've checked their website and there were no terms and conditions describing the connection given to me when I booked. They may have some other terms that they want to dig out now, but it's too late, I'm going to give them a hard time.

Ok, here's what I'd do...

Establish if anything they have done would void the warranty. Should the appliance malfunction and a manufacturer's engineer be called out for a repair, during the warranty period, this would be the first thing they looked for!

Perhaps ring the manufacturers and confirm that the installation guidelines, as set out in the booklet, form part of the warranty conditions and must be heeded.

I'm fairly certain that regs state you should be able to electrically isolate an appliance without touching it. If it's full of water and crockery, with the plug behind it, under a counter and it stops working... You have a problem!

Arm yourself with this before going to Very, then you'll likely get somewhere!

Good luck

Sponsored Links
Don't worry about it. How many appliances across the Country are plugged into a socket under the worktop. Most I would guess as not everyone has got around to re-wiring their kitchen. As for the warranty, they'll find some other excuse not to honour it anyway.

I'm going to give them a hard time.

Let us know how you get on.
Be interesting to hear their response.

They kept saying that their delivery people weren't qualified to carry out any electrical work. I said that that was their problem and they shouldn't be selling a connection service if they couldn't do it. They continued refusing to pay so I issued court proceedings, in response to which they have now paid me my claim in full.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back