disinfecting loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My loft - in a 1930ish house - has had pigeons roosting in it for an extended period some years ago. (Its actually top flar in a conversion)

I have removed the old heavily contaminated insulation and vacuumed out most of the droppings. A joyful task. I want to disinfect loft. Local councl environmental people said jeyes fljid, but jeyes technical said it was completely unsuitable.

Has anybody anysuggestions please? Builders have just finished decorating ceilings below, ceilings are lath and plaster... i was thinking about spraying wigh swarfea 3 in 1 disinfectant and cleaner but dont know if this needs rinsing or would be effective......
:
Thank you very much

Sponsored Links
Jeyes will most likely leach through the ceiling and cause staining.
Not had the problem myself but I would look at disinfectant bombs the basic Idea to find something like the smoke bombs gardeners used to light in greenhouses to kill pests.

They use a similar misting treatment in car air conditioning systems.

Worth a bit of Googling to see if anyone does an aerosol or other fogging system suitable for domestic house use to treat droppings.

Thanks very much for that. Sorry doing respite care atm, not much thinking time. Nit found anything yet that quite matches but will keep looking. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back