DISTANCE OF COOKER FROM DOORWAY ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any regulations that state the minimum distance required for a cooker from a doorway in a kitchen?

If so, is anyone able to assist me please?

Sponsored Links
No electrical regulation that I am aware of. They might be for gas to stop the rings being blown out?

thats not a problem with electric :LOL:

one thing though, oven door, will it be able to open and still let people pass?

Sponsored Links
Well, as you walk into the room, there is about an 800mm wall to the right. I wanted to have a 300mm baseline unit on that wall followed immediately by a 500mm electric cooker, then another 300mm baseline unit.

This would mean that the cooker door, when opened, would be in the line of the door, but at a distance of 300m from it, and also we'd have some grace of it being 200mm back (the 800mm depth of the wall, less the (e.g.) 600mm depth of the cooker).

Although the first choice is an electric cooker, I might get the gasman to leave a gas point there too. Anyone know the regs regarding gas, or should I post in another section?

Thanks for your quick replies already.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back