Distribution board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What issues would occur if I wanted a vertical distribution board in my house instead of the standard horizontal distribution boards?

Sponsored Links
Choice will be extremely limited as very few manufacturers make vertical ones, and it will cost significantly more.

Are you considering turning a horizontal style on its end to achieve the vertical one?
Is it because of limited space?

Looking at getting a vertical board, not a horizontal board turned sideways.

Sponsored Links
Distribution boards are often vertical, but the type tested ones called consumer units tend to be all horizontal. Technically I could fit a distribution board as under the control of a skilled person, but if I should die or want to sell the house then it would not really comply.

I have never looked to see if there is a this side up label on a CU, I can see a problem with doors/lids, as most distribution boards have a positive catch or lock on them, where many CU's rely on gravity, but 1675719330851.pngor
1675719419448.png
makes little difference to space used, so question is why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back