Diverta valve seems ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, have posted before about this problem. I have a 28cdi worcester combi and when the CH heating is on the dhw is fine. However when the CH is not on the DHW is either cold or luke warm. May get hot for a few seconds only.
I have been told it could be diverta valve and checked it against this advice.
(Start with cold boiler. Turn hw tap on . Pin should emerge from diverter valve, 3" diameter part, on the left, pointing forwards, and push a microswitch. If it doesn't, change diaphragm.
HW should get hot, heating pipe (leftmost, 22mm) should NOT. Bet it does though. W240's seem to get diverters which don't divert properly, more than others for some reason.)
That was for for a W240 but i presume it's the same? Anyway on that advice it seems fine.What other reason could be causing this kind of problem. Also asked this before but could a faulty pump cause this?
Any help would be appreciated.
ps: Softus don't need or want your help

Sponsored Links
is the boiler fireing up when h/water switch makes? if so check gas settings and thermistor readings

Boiler is fireing up. so how do I check gas settings and thermistor readings?
I'm a novice sorry, and thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
troybeau said:
ps: Softus don't need or want your help

Why do you think that you dont need or even want his advice?

Just curious!

Tony

PS What resistance did the DHW NTC measure when cold ?

Its better not to ask leading questions!

Now he will say its 10 K just because he thinks it should be that.

Ask an open question and see what answer you get. Dont you remember that from your training as a barrister ?

Now he will say its 10 K just because he thinks it should be that.

You never know Tony, Tresbelle might not be a dork.

Turn hot tap on full
Are you sure the ch flow pipe doesn't get hot?

If you feel brave you could swap the wires on the ch and hw sensors, just for a test, do not leave it like that. If you get HW you need a new HW sensor. But if you don't fancy trying that, you'll have to get a man in.

But if you don't fancy trying that, you'll have to get a man in.

All very well getting a man in but what about getting the boiler fixed?

Well it might help. If not they can always go to Cricklewood for a curry.

Agile said:
Because the manipulative fool paid a knock down price to have a secondhand boiler installed, and the installer didn't test it and left it faulty, and he can't stand to have that pointed out to him again.

troybeau said:
www.dictionary.com ;)

MOD 2
please ;) not again

Softus said:
Agile said:
Because the manipulative fool paid a knock down price to have a secondhand boiler installed, and the installer didn't test it and left it faulty, and he can't stand to have that pointed out to him again.

troybeau said:
www.dictionary.com ;)

MOD 2
please ;) not again
Have to diss agree Softu`s, tho` not unlikely to provide an answer..the dictionary doesen`t........provide punk tuition ....I would of suggested reading Eats Shoots And Leaves ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back