Diverter Valve on Baxi 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Can anyone advise me, I have a Baxi 80e. When I turn on my hot water, on my Rads heat up.
I think this is possibly the Diverter Valve!
Do I have to replace the valve or could I take off and clean and replace with repair kit.
Which is far cheaper.
Your help would be much appreciated.
David.

Sponsored Links
Get a service kit and refurbish it yourself. I never replace the whole valve and it can all be done by removing the front diaphragm assy and getting to the valve that way. While you're at it, replace the diaphragm and clean and lubricate all the pins with the grease supplied with the kit. Do ensure the PCB remains dry. View media item 31064

I always replace the whole valve.

Once for a friend as I had plenty of time I took one apart and even boiler it in citric acid and silicone greased it on reassembly.

It started leaking again a few months later!

Tony

I've never had a failure when doing one of these. If done correctly they are as good as new. It's not that hard to do.

Sponsored Links
I agree its not difficult but only commenting on what happened when I did one very carefully. He has a very nice wife and its nice to sit in the garden with her.

I suspect that the springs are weakened.

Tony

i used to always change the valve at around 90 quid to buy now i just strip and clean then grease ,faster job and no parts req so customer benefits on labour and mats never had a problem just cleaning and greasing

You will require seal kit 760 and 765 to refurbish the diverter and the domestic diaphragm assy. They are Alpha part numbers, and are compatible with your valve. Baxi may well do them cheaper, and a bit of googling can find bargains.

Hi Pete,

I ordered and received Diverter Valve Kit, but it didn't come with tube of grease.
I have some petroleum jelly would this do the job?

Thanks,

David.

Hi All

Got a Baxi 80e Combi boiler, which is 5-10 years old (was already installed when we moved in).

The heating works, but the how water doesn't.

Got a local heating guy in, just got a call to say it was the diverter valve.

He said the part would be between £90-150, he would confirm once he has a price.

Then he said it would take 3 hours to fit.

Does this sound right?

Better with a new thread rather than digging up two old ones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back