DIY CH flush, Ecotec plus 831

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've read the instructions on this forum. Thanks for whoever put those up.

I've got two filling loops. The built in one, which hasn't been removed, mains to flow. And another one, just under the boiler, mains to return. That one is leak at the isolator valve, so needs attention anyway.

So I thought this:

Buy a proper part L filling loop, with an isolator at each end and a DCV.

Replace the dodgy filling loop with that.

Connect hose to drain off point (which is on the flow, just under the boiler). Drain off.

Close the boiler isolator valve on the flow (because that still leaves the pressure gauge working, yes?).

Open the new filling loop. So mains water is going round the system (the 'wrong' way) and out the drain off on the flow.

Do the 'one radiator at once' thing.

Then the reverse:

Close drain off

close isolator on mains side of new filling loop

take filling loop off return

connect hose to that (think I've got a connector as part of a Fernox filling kit)

open inbuilt filling loop.

So now mains water is going round the 'right' way.

Do the one radiator at once thing.

But I won't have a pressure guage so take it steady, eh?

I know this won't be at high pressure, but at least a lot of clean water will have been through the system.

Then refill, add X100 etc.

Sounds like a plan?

Sponsored Links
There is a simpler way of doing a basic, DIY flush - see the video below. Before you start, you should put some ch cleaner in the system, and leave to circulate. You won't need a pressure gauge, as you won't blow anything on your rads or pipework with cold water mains pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back