DIY Flat roofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I've just joined the forum so I hope I can pick someones brains.

I have a small flat porch roof (aprox 3'x5') to re-cover and have been quoted £400 pounds,which included replacing any rotten boards, for "hot felting". Is this a reasonable quote or is there something on the market that is easy to use so that I could do the job myself. I may be being a bit nieve here but it doesn't seem to be a very complicated thing to do.

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Clive

Sponsored Links

I may be being a bit nieve here but it doesn't seem to be a very complicated thing to do.

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Clive

If i had a penny.....

Sponsored Links
A guy shouted me down of my scaffolding today and said he lives further down the street, he pointed to his small flat roof and asked how much it would cost I said without looking properly £300 quids a ball park figure. He said it was leaking and he had done it himself five times then he told me I was too expensive :rolleyes: anyway just because its small dont mean it will be easy.

A guy shouted me down of my scaffolding today and said he lives further down the street, he pointed to his small flat roof and asked how much it would cost I said without looking properly £300 quids a ball park figure. He said it was leaking and he had done it himself five times then he told me I was too expensive :rolleyes: anyway just because its small dont mean it will be easy.

I do take your point but the 400+ I was quoted does seem a bit steep for a potty little roof. I make no bones about it,if I had the money then I would pay it and let someone else have the stress and hassle! :D

I may be being a bit nieve here but it doesn't seem to be a very complicated thing to do.

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Clive

If i had a penny.....

Sarcasm is so unbecoming :cry:

Sarcasm! Man-up ffs.

Man up? MAN UP!!?? If "Zenon" is going to be so prissy about sharing usefull info to a new comer then I must call to question his making himself available on the forum. Oh,and by the way,is this how new members are usually welcomed?

Search for EPDM

Or use the self adhesive "cold fix" felt. Wickes sell it, but there are different grades, I don;t know which one they sell

Not Prissy at all mate. When you fork out your first months earnings on insurances etc to then hear its not complicated....go get yourself a ***** job for £100, let us know when you want it doing properly, after you've redecorated etc due to leaks.

Not Prissy at all mate. When you fork out your first months earnings on insurances etc to then hear its not complicated....go get yourself a ***** job for £100, let us know when you want it doing properly, after you've redecorated etc due to leaks.

Are you really so far up your own arris that you can't understand when someone asks for a bit of clarity about the price of a job that,on the face of it,seems relatively simple ??

If you get a quote for work on your car or your kitchen or anything realy,do YOU allways take the first price you are given? I don't fkin think so!!! You get other quotes OR you get oppinions from other people on forums such as this one.If it's good enough for you buster, then it's bludy well good enough for me!!!!

As for forking out your first months wages on insurance!well thats your problem m8 not mine!! YOU chose the line of work you are in,YOU chose how to make your living so don't start grizzling at me you miserable git.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back