Diy garage and celcon blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Need some advice please,

I am building a new garage that is 7x6m with attic trusses,i am bringing it up to damp ready to get the slab in,it will be a cavity build and i want to use the lightweight celcons that b & q stock as these are the best price i can get from anyone at 72p each,i will paint them once finished,will these be ok to use as most garages i've seen are done with concs but i want to use these to keep it warmer and easier to pickup.

Cheers for any input as i'm new to this game and got alot more than the garage to do.

Paul

Sponsored Links
i personally would not use an airated block externally, too porous. i do believe such companies manufacture an external spec block though.

Sorry,not clear, i am using the air blocks on the inside and 2 unseen outsides will be in concs and seen sides in reclaimed brick,

Does anyone know what blocks i need to use on outside as these will be left exposed,will i have to use 7n concs as in my footings or can i use 3n lightweight concs.

Thanks Paul

I have just done the same thing. Have a look at http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n306/softlad1971/

I would not use the blocks again. They were very hard to paint.
I could lay them quicker than paint them even with a big brush.
You can get smooth face areated blocks, which I did not use cause they were special order only from my local merchants.

hth

Sponsored Links
Nice one softlad,looks good.

So i will use them and spray them later and put some concs where roller door will be mounted,interesting to see the floor go in later,think i might do that now the frosts are here.

Cheers Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back