DIYnot's finest..

I

imamartian

so who do you think is/was DIYnot's finest poster... i think it's (was Tim West)... look back, you'll see his genious!!!

Sponsored Links
Mr Tim was indeed amongst the best on here. We used to have some really good natured barneys when he was around, all in the name of fun I must add. If you're watching Tim, thanks for the fun.
Others may not agree but I think Dex/Daneski88 was a good poster, often raising contentious issues but also a great pragmatist at times.
Blasphemous is another contender in my books.
The ladies, Diane1/Karinska and LadyLola, also post some good replies at times.

Mr Tim was indeed amongst the best on here. We used to have some really good natured barneys when he was around, all in the name of fun I must add. If you're watching Tim, thanks for the fun.
Others may not agree but I think Dex/Daneski88 was a good poster, often raising contentious issues but also a great pragmatist at times.
Blasphemous is another contender in my books.
The ladies, Diane1/Karinska and LadyLola, also post some good replies at times.

yeah Blas is up there... and Kazza and Di have a lot to answer for....

and there are a couple of gasmen... that shake this place up....who else... (there are more good eggs...)

Sponsored Links
Kazza and Di have a lot to answer for....

:p .....the charges will never stick.....you can't prove anything....!!....... :p

yer ok di all the evidence has been removed by your mate sid
surprised-015.gif

so who do you think is/was DIYnot's finest poster... i think it's (was Tim West)... look back, you'll see his genious!!!

Are you talking about helpful, informative posters or the useless banal chit chat that is bandied about on the G.D. section?

...the useless banal chit chat that is bandied about on the G.D. section?

Is there someone twisting your arm up your back to read it?
If not then why read this section if that is your opinion of it?
A little lightheartedness goes a long way to making dismal days/nights more tolerable for some people, regardless of how banal it may seem to others.

...the useless banal chit chat that is bandied about on the G.D. section?

Is there someone twisting your arm up your back to read it?
If not then why read this section if that is your opinion of it?
A little lightheartedness goes a long way to making dismal days/nights more tolerable for some people, regardless of how banal it may seem to others.

The o.p. asked "what is/was DIY nots' finest poster".

My return question asked whether ones opinion/choice should be based upon useful knowledge given out to diyers or should it be based upon that other section.....er..... general....disc....whatever.

One section deals with massaging egos and back patting drivel the other gives out advice that it sometimes very useful.

A balanced view perhaps...... :rolleyes:

I think all the people on here who answer questions and give helpfull advice are the "finest". They have certainly helped me alot with my renovation and I thank them all.

As for General Discussion. Thats entertainment value. Blas, Dex, Kevplumb, Conny, Diane1, Oompah and can't forget Tim W. This is what a GD forum is all about.

Oh can't forget Joe90. How's he get a connection fro m another planet?

There are so many people on here that give great posts, including and the list is not exhaustive - Conny, Tim, Blas, Immy, LAGM, Dex ( whatever happened to him ) oompah, kev, etc. Of course we have our two sex godesses, Dianne and Karinska.
Others have their point of view - some of which are total carp, but hey, that's what makes this forum so good. Long may it continue.

I'm certainly no 'finest' but I thank you all for your mentions. Personally I find most posters here knowledgeable, informative, helpful and at times, entertaining.

Years ago I used to haunt the Plumbing/Heating section but don't contribute there any more. Perhaps it's due to closing my business, perhaps it's due to losing interest or perhaps it's just due to the fact that I grew tired of some of the back patting egomaniacs in the 'Trade' forums and find the discussions in here of more interest.
One section deals with massaging egos and back patting drivel the other gives out advice that it sometimes very useful.
I don't think they're all back patting egomaniacs in the 'Trade' forums noseall but if that's your opinion then you're perfectly entitled to it.

Its' got to be Geraint surely top poster, most informative and original posts great imagination to boot!
and never repetitive ;)

Sponsored Links
Back