Do I have ridge venting?

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty certain that most dry ridge systems incorporate concealed ventilation but not 100%

Thanks for the reply Mw Roofline.

I've just done my eaves insulation and soffit vents and want to make sure it's vented at the top.

Would the ridge tiles need to be removed in order to find out?

Well if it is not they forgot the profile filler and put in a special "felt" capping over the tiles (Not under a plain felt over the ridge and under the tiles).

There are unvented dry ridges but as I say they should have profile filler and no "special" felt strip. That strip almost certainly has the vent screen in it

I believe it to be a vented dry ridge.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Blagard.

If I have understood correctly, you're saying unvented ridges need the profile filler inbetween them and vented don't.

So it looks like they are vented then.

Is it likely for a roofer to forget to put on the profile filler?

Hi alastairreid,

My loft has been converted into bedrooms and there are sarking boards that run from eaves right to apex so I can't tell from inside.

Would I be able to remove a ridge tile to tell if its vented?

Simple enough to remove a ridge, unscrew the fixings either side of the ridge and it lifts off.
im pretty sure its the same product in my link though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back