Do I need a larger mains feed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're changing from a vented cylinder and ch to mains preassure. Currently the mains feed into house is 20mm, albiet at very high preassure.
The mains feed will go through a prv before going into cylinder.
However, the services out of cylinder will be 22mm, with potentially secondary return in same...

My question : do I need to upgrade my main feed in?

Thanks for any input

Sponsored Links
We're changing from a vented cylinder and ch to mains preassure. Currently the mains feed into house is 20mm, albiet at very high preassure.
The mains feed will go through a prv before going into cylinder.
However, the services out of cylinder will be 22mm, with potentially secondary return in same...

My question : do I need to upgrade my main feed in?

Thanks for any input

Test flow rate with couple taps open.
Then "ask" supplier to text at their stopcock.

This will give you an idea of performance.

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
do I need to upgrade my main feed in?
Only if the current supply doesn't have the flow required to satisfy what the new system will require.

As suggested, a dynamic flow and pressure test required to see what's currently available, couple that with what services will be installed and what their demand will be. and your installer should have that info.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back