Do I need a new Consumer Unit?

Ditto BAS

I understand how he can supply and fit for that price, I have done the same myself, BUT and it is a big BUT; only after I have charged for a survey of the existing installation and tested all of the circuits to the model forms in the regs.

I have two babies that I like to see before they go to bed, so I don't like surprises that will prevent me leaving site; like the RCD won't stop tripping, at the end of a day crouched inside a meter cupboard. The only sure way to avoid this is to do pre-testing.

I suspect your fellow has done this testing and not charged you. But you could always check. If he has he truly is a gem.

Martin

Sponsored Links
I don't think he would have done a free PIR on a 9-way board on the off chance he would get a swap job out of it.

The boad was safe under the 16th and still is. If a spark is working on a single circuit, he is only obliged to do that work to current regs.

This has always been the case with a change in the regs (new edition or amendment). If this was not the case, there would not be enough electricians in the country to upgrade very installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back