Do i need a new gas valve? worcester boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just replaced a pump on a worcester bosch 24cdi boiler. Pump works fine but the gas would not ignite. Ive gone through the fault finding etc and found that the 2 purple wires were not connected to the back of the gas valve. Half the connector, the bit part of the gas valve has broken off still connected to the wires, i don't think i did this when doing the pump as it's the other side of the boiler but i might have disturbed the wires enough for it to pull off. Tried gluing it on but it still wont work. I have continuity in the cables etc and can i only think that it must be the connection on this wire!! Don't really want to have to fork out for a pi55ing gas valve as well as a pump. If i have to get a pump, will local plumbers merchants have them in stock? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back