Do I need masonry paint for a porch with an open doorway?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our front porch is built with a single skin of bricks and has no door on the outside entrance. No rain ever hits the interior walls, which I now want to repaint. Using masonry paint such as Sandtex or Weathershield seemed the thing to do until I found that they only offer a very limited number of colours, none of which match my needs. I would also be forced to buy a minimum of 2.5 litres, which is far more than I require.

Is it necessary to paint those walls with masonry paint or would ordinary vinyl emulsion do the job?

Sponsored Links
Zinsser Allcoat Exterior WB (Satin Finish) Ready Mixed Colours 1 litre will do it.

Needs to be a paint that can be used on exterior surfaces. Not internal emulsion

Dulux will mix a colour in external masonry but 2.5lt

Thanks for that suggestion, though it appears to be a rather expensive option at £28 for 1 litre, versus £24 for 2.5 litres of Sandtex Masonry paint (B&Q prices).

Is that mixed? 1000s of colours with mixed masonry paints.
As for price, I have paid over £100 for 5lts with some paints so the DIY offering is good

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back