Do I prime areas of walls that have been repaired?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After watching a popular YouTube video on preparing a wall, it was recommended that any areas of a wall that have been filled in or repaired should be primed so that when the light catches the wall, you don't see the different texture.

I've had a look in Screwfix but can't see the primer required.

Is it true that primer is required for these areas before the emulsion and if so could you show me an example of which primer to buy? I would imagine it needs to be just a small tin.

In fact, if there is a best filler to smooth out certain areas of walls that give a better finish for this then please also let me know. At the moment I'm using 'No Nonsense Fine Surface Filler'.

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
mist coat the repaired area first(watered down emulsion)this then shows up any defects,then fine fill.then 1st coat then 2nd coat.thats how i would do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back