Do I really need 22mm pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had my boiler serviced (ariston eurocombi) and was advised that the pipes we curretly have are too small (15mm). The engineer suggested that I have it all ripped out and replaced with 22mm. He says that the boiler is currenly inefficient, and did not class it as SAFE in his report. The exhaust goes to the outside, so there is no possibility of CO coming into the flat. Is he talking sense, or should I just stick with what I have got?

Sponsored Links
samsdiy said:
I recently had my boiler serviced (ariston eurocombi) and was advised that the pipes we curretly have are too small (15mm). The engineer suggested that I have it all ripped out and replaced with 22mm. He says that the boiler is currenly inefficient, and did not class it as SAFE in his report. The exhaust goes to the outside, so there is no possibility of CO coming into the flat. Is he talking sense, or should I just stick with what I have got?

If he is referring to water pipes i can't how that would cause a safety issue. Flow would just be lower. If he means the gas pipe then yeah that can cause an issue. Not enough gas going to the boiler is not good. Corgi engineers can tell you what would happen under those circumstances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back