Do it myself??

dunny said:
I *need* to have a new *gas* boiler, *mains pressure* hot water tank, and* underfloor* heating installed. The floor area of the property is approx 4500 sq. ft. and thanks to some other advice on this forum I know I will need to have polyplumb overlay installed. In addition I want a hot water return installed to give me instantaneous hot water due to some of the long pipe runs involved.

D
*would like*...........*Oil/solid fuel/wood pellet*.........*conventional*...............*radiator/infra red panel*..............= DIY ;) ........also get onto Grand Designs on t` TV..they pay you :idea:

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
Aright der wack! `ows it goin` fellah? Dee doo doe don`t dee?

No offence scouse, Good luck but it`s a big job when you are experienced & qualified, the best advice that I can give you is to do all the plumbing yourself if you know what you are doing & leave any dangerous work like gas/ electricity to the qualified chappies.
You can always come on here for advice/ heckling/ abuse :D

No offense taken.... Going to the homebuild show tomorrow at NEC and intend to seek out said qualified chappies!!!

D

I believe so - he sent me the stand number so will try to connect with him while I am there.

D

Sponsored Links
What many people would do is start with a few quotes. Mugs that plumbers are, you'll get a lot of free information about how it could be done, whose materials to use, and so on.
The unvented thing - well if you can find a course for £200 or so it may be worth doing it - then you can DIY the installation of that!

For the rest of it, can I suggest that what you really don't want you really really don't want is either
1) to DIY and cock it up
or
2) to pay a highly quallified expert to be drilling holes and running pipes that you feel able to do yourself.

So take the Value option - find someone who will do the design for a fee, and be on hand (for a fee) if you get trouble.
This could in principle also apply to the boiler and Unvented installation.

You'll possibly save some of the say £500 you might spend on someone like that by being advised what to use and where to get it. And if you get a leak you can't fix, or have to stop to find something out, you'll have a friend on the phone.

Good call... I think there are some self build outfits that can put this sort of package together and that might nake it well worth it. \for example they sell you the training, then sell you the kt (plus some design) and you fit it with some remote help.

Have to wait and see...

D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back