Do these scrap men earn decent money?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had 6 drive past the house on Sunday. Is scrap metal at an all time high or something? :eek:

I think this year has seen them more than ever. What kind of price can you get for a pickup full? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I took 2 x 1000 single rads to the scrappy and only got a fiver for my trouble! :rolleyes: .

They are round our estate twice a week with their horn so it must pay. I would say that each load would be worth at least £100 .

They have nothing else to do, they probably dont pay tax, they are also 'casing' the joint. The scap wagon is a decoy.

Depends on the metal, but scrap metal is at high at the moment. If you had a ton of scrap copper its worth over £3000

Sponsored Links
There's one comes round our way once a week at the moment. The passenger has an old trumpet and blows a few notes?? out of it then shouts "Any scrap iyyyorn, any scrap iyyyorn."
Our dog goes mental as soon as he hears the trumpet (usually from about 3 streets away) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

One comes round our way once a week and the passenger has an old trumpet, blows a few notes then shouts "Any scrap iyyyorn, any scrap iyyyorn."

We must have the same guy. Is he a scruffy chap with a big gob and smokes large Havanas? :?: :LOL:

the chinese are in for as much scrap metal as they can get, thats why the prices have gone so high if you can drive your old banger into a scrap mechant they'll give you anything from £160 to £200.

the chinese are in for as much scrap metal as they can get, thats why the prices have gone so high if you can drive your old banger into a scrap mechant they'll give you anything from £160 to £200.

Those people will put anything in their food. And now metal? Bloody ell :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back