Do we need hot water on when running washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Can you resolve a dispute with me and my girlfriend please.

When we moved in last year the girl we bought the house off said, when using the washing machine you need the hot water on. But folk from her work say you dont. Who's right?

Horstmann centaur plus c21 is the control system.

hotpoint first edition few12 is the washing machine.

thanks in advance

allan

Sponsored Links
As with most new appliance these days the hot supply is only for top up purposes. It only uses hot water when you are doing a large load eg towels and it detects a temperature drop. Other than this it does not fill from the hot so you do not need a hot fill.

i cant speak for new m/cs but it was he case where the hot is used to take the powder in, the idea being to mix it before it gets into the drum, this is to stop any powder from bleaching anything it touches

I've got a Hotpoint and I seem to remember someone telling me that it uses the hot water tap at the beginning of the cycle, and it heats the water if it needs to.

Sponsored Links
You can connect any hot & cold machine to cold only.

How can a machine take hot water for the detergent?. If the machine demanded hot, what will it do turn on hot valve, run water to drain until sensor detects water is hot then divert it to the detergent draw.
Oh dont use all the hot water in the bath hubby dear, I need hot water for my hot fill washing machine. :LOL:
Think about Breezer & Daz.

thanks for the replies! ill give the girlfriend the good news when she gets in from work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back