Do you think this passes current regs?

Sponsored Links
Nothing replacing that socket with a 1363 won't fix :LOL:

How old do you reckon it is? Doesn't took too antique but I am guessing its either just before WW2 or just after.

My lockup has wiring like that, but thankfully it was disconnected many years ago.

Well, the people who showed me around were nextdoor neighbours who say the old guy who owned the place went into a care home ten years ago and sadly never came out, his property has been the subject of legal wrangles since. However, he has lived there all his life and his father before him and as far as they know nothing major has ever been done to the place! They thought the electric was probably first world war, but I think we can say it is later than that - the meter certainly is by the look of it.

I'm still pondering whether purchase, if I do I'll get one of you experts to sign it off :LOL:

Sponsored Links
How old do you reckon it is? Doesn't took too antique but I am guessing its either just before WW2 or just after.

Post-war/1950's by the look of it. The BS546 socket has shutters and is the correct style for that era.

AndyPRK said:
what are the white round things ? fuses ?

Probably Diazed fuses. They were used to some degree here in the U.K., although I believe they were much more common in the Irish Republic.

Presumably still are, as they are part of the current Siemens range. It's not just fuses you can buy - they also make DIN rail mounted holders.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back