Doctor Who

What, like Supergirl? 80's?

Yes but with no knickers on. Then Supergirl would be played by a man.

They end up in a heterosexual relationship after meeting at an AA meeting on a cold Tuesday night..

She wears the pants.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So being an alien time lord with two hearts,a sonic screwdriver and a tardis,going around killing Daleks and cyber men is perfectly reasonable,believable and acceptable,but being female is just utterly too far fetched?

There won't be a female 007 (current news anyway).
Personally, I like McCoy, but hated the two before him (Davison and & Colin Baker)
Actually yeah, looking back they were pretty annoying too.

So being an alien time lord with two hearts,a sonic screwdriver and a tardis,going around killing Daleks and cyber men is perfectly reasonable,believable and acceptable,but being female is just utterly too far fetched?
Hey, it's about tradition innit? All for equality and all, but it's too good an opportunity to take the pee out of the BBC :)

Just started watching it and 5 mins in it's good so far.

I bet she struggles parking that Tardis

All for equality and all, but it's too good an opportunity to take the pee out of the BBC.
Yeah, but can you imagine all the meetings that went on to decide the players.

They decided to have a woman doctor, fair enough (will save on wages) but then -

Meeting 1. Shall we have her companion be a man or boy? Yes, could do, better be a man. Do you think we should have a black one? OOOOOOH YES, that's a good idea.
2. So - we have a white lady doctor flying through space with a black man. Do you think that would raise any eye-brows? Mmmm might lead to some rude comments about the sonic screw-driver. What about having a woman or a girl as well? Ah, yes, that would be good,
3. Ann Widdicombe has applied. Oh I don't think so - better be the same age as the man. A black girl, then? No. that would look too obvious, perhaps Chinese? Yes, could be or some other Asian area. Yes ok, we've had one Asian girl apply. Do you think people will think we're doing it on purpose to avoid offending the snowflakes? Yeah, I suppose they might but then - we are, so what can we do?.
4. What about we chuck in an old white bloke everybody likes?
Brilliant.

They decided to have a woman doctor, fair enough (will save on wages) but then -

Meeting 1. Shall we have her companion be a man or boy? Yes, could do, better be a man. Do you think we should have a black one? OOOOOOH YES, that's a good idea.
2. So - we have a white lady doctor flying through space with a black man. Do you think that would raise any eye-brows? Mmmm might lead to some rude comments about the sonic screw-driver. What about having a woman or a girl as well? Ah, yes, that would be good,
3. Ann Widdicombe has applied. Oh I don't think so - better be the same age as the man. A black girl, then? No. that would look too obvious, perhaps Chinese? Yes, could be or some other Asian area. Yes ok, we've had one Asian girl apply. Do you think people will think we're doing it on purpose to avoid offending the snowflakes? Yeah, I suppose they might but then - we are, so what can we do?.
Brilliant.
More boxes have been ticked than you realise - the companion is black with a disability... and his grandparents are a mixed race couple. Well, Bradly is husband number 2 for his granny.

Well done BBC! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching it tonight, she couldn't remember where she parked it!

Let me guess. She parked it in some alian land, went for coffee, see a nice pair of boots in the shop window, and hey Ho lost track of time and where she was..... This happens regularly with women.

Brilliant.

Wish I watched it now.

Can't please everyone anyone.

Now they're complaining that it doesn't reflect reality - get away.

It seems they agree with Bodd about Bodyguard.

Sponsored Links
Back